Wexford is a stunning part of Ireland for family portrait photos and we are really spoiled for choices. Here is my list of top five places and some thoughts why i love them so much.
But as a photographer i am always on the hunt for new spots so if you have suggestions please let me know in comments. I would love to chat about them 🙂
It is hard to imagine Wexford family portrait locations without this marvelous historic castle with huge park around it. I love taking photos there:
- It is easy to reach ( 5 min drive from town)
- lots and lots of nice spots
- Interesting places for every season
- High trees and walls protect from wind very well
- Plenty of spaces for kids to run around
This place is well photographed with thousands of family portrait and wedding photos on the web so i always try to avoid obvious hot spots in front of the castle and venture off to some less known corners of the park.
2. Kennedy Park
Another stunning collection of trees from all over the world . Acres and acres of parklands with oportunities for every season . I especially love it in spring and autumn. Family portrait session can be incorporated into all day outing in this county Wexford park.
- Absolutely huge
- Unreal colours in autumn
- Family friendly with carpark and cafe
- Not too far from main road
- Long open hours suitable for early and late sessions
- Rare plants provide special atmosphere for photos
This beauty spot is located just behind Curracloe beach and is known for its unspoiled raw beauty. Plenty of walks in there and nearby beach provides extra opportunities. Woodland and beach family portrait photos can be done in one session. Suitable for outgoing families who love long walks. The best spots are rather far in the forest.
- Beautiful day out in the forest and on the beach
- not far (around 20 min drive from Wexford)
- Lovely early morning or late eveing location
- For outgoing noisy families- this is top class
- Not as family friendly as some parks
- Forest + Beach photos can be done in one go
4. Fourth mountain
Family portrait is not only about Wexford parks. Raw beauty of this lesser known spot is particularly suitable for outgoing families who likes long walks. Spectacular at sunset with scenic views of the county.
- Only 5 min drive from Wexford
- Forth mountain is being developed into more attractive tourist spot
- spectacular views
- raw Irish scenic beauty
- for outgoing families
Wexford has a very long coastline. Heaven for lovely family shots. While Curracloe is the longest and nicest beach, some hidden gems like Dollar Bay are just spectacular in good light. Wear linen, jeans and take off your shoes for classical beach portraits!
Published with StoryChief